Tuesday, May 5, 2009

workout log May 3, 2009

I like to do squats...do not ask me why...they are by far one of my hardest workouts...I have unstable hips and it makes it difficult to perform squats well...I have unstable shoulders so it makes it difficult to hold heavy bars...in other words they can down right suck...but for some reason, I like squats. Maybe I am just plane nuts! I must be because I voluntarily drove myself to my work/gym to do said squat workout on a SUNDAY!! I do not usually work out on Sundays. Haven't in 2 years. In fact the last time I did was when I was on a 5 day rotation to build mass. I had always put Sunday as a day of rest. However, I really like being in the gym all by myself. It's quiet. No one or nothing to distract from the task at hand. And I can listen to Madonna on my i-pod in peace. Yes I said Madonna. Something about her music makes a leg workout that much better! Just set the i-pod to random with her first few albums and you are good to go! Puts an extra pep in my step or, if you will, speed coming out of the hole. It also helps when you have interval drills directly following your squat workout. For that, I personally like Confessions on a Dance Floor to make the intervals go by faster. Especially since the legs are already screaming "Enough Already!"
But I digress, I really just need to write what I did to my legs while listening to Madonna early (7am) Sunday morning

warm up:
Texas Bar (55lbs) x5
70 x5
80 x5

work sets:
85 x5
95 x5
105 x12
back down to 80 x10 x5

Glute Ham Raises Body Weight x10 x5

20 minutes of interval sprints on the elliptical followed by a 20 minute cool down (all done sing to Madonna's Immaculate Collection-gotta keep my sanity)...my legs are toast...I was thinking, as I stared out the window, "I am going to ride my bike to work tomorrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment